Wednesday, September 25, 2019

SCARE-A-THON 2019: DAY OF THE LORAX



Greetings, friends and fellow fiends! It’s that time of year again, when shadows grow longer, autumn leaves rustle just a little louder, and the thrills and chills come fast and furious in 90-minute intervals....

It’s time for SCARE-A-THON 2019.


As many of you know, since 2010 I have dedicated my October viewing energies to various organizations deserving of some TLC (Terror Lovin’ Care). Thanks to generous, like-minded souls, we have raised literally tens of thousands of dollars for over two dozen different groups. This year, I have selected AMAZON WATCH, dedicated to "protecting the rain forest and our climate and supporting indigenous peoples." I think we can all agree climate change is a topic on many people's minds these days, and here is an easy, tangible way to be part of the solution.


My goal will be to watch and review 31 films during the month of October, one for each day of the scariest month of the year (at least 16 of which will be first-time views).


I am asking for your support, pledging whatever amount you deem suitable. If you are able to pledge $.10 for every movie, that would be a total of $3.10. $.25 = $7.75, $.50 = $15.50, $1 = $31, $2 = $62, $3 = $93, and so on, or you can use nice round numbers if that's more your speed. (All donations are tax-deductible.)

Please drop me a response at drach101@gmail.com and let me know if you're interested in participating this year and what your preferred pledge amount will be.


That’s it! As in years past, I will be documenting my progress here on the HORROR 101 with Dr. AC blog, so please stop by and see how we’re doing (and maybe get a few recommendations for your own fright nights)! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop me a line here or at drach101@gmail.com.

Also, because I'm no longer personally on Facebook or any other social media, please, please, please feel free to share the H101 link below (and your own good juju) throughout your various circles, online and off. Even if you can't donate, spreading the word means the world to me. Literally.

https://horror101withdrac.blogspot.com/2019/09/scare-thon-2019-day-of-lorax.html



Thanks for your time! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Halloween season!

Caring through scaring,

AC


.

No comments:

Post a Comment