Sunday, October 10, 2010

October Horror Movie Challenge 10/9



#23
Pit and the Pendulum (1961) (5th viewing) d. Corman, Roger
80 min.



#24
Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988) (2nd viewing) d. Chiodo, Stephen
88 min.



#25
Rabid (1977) (3rd viewing) d. Cronenberg, David
91 min.



#26
Basket Case (1982) (5th viewing) d. Henenlotter, Frank
91 min.



#27
Pet Sematary (1989) (4th viewing) d. Lambert, Mary
103 min.



#28
House by the Cemetery (1981) (3rd viewing) d. Fulci, Lucio
87 min.



#29
Theatre of Blood (1973) (5th viewing) d. Hickox, Douglas
104 min.

Total Films for Challenge: 29
Total First Time Views: 5

3 comments:

  1. Interesting cross-section of films there. I've seen Killer Klowns more times than I can count and even collaborated on an in-depth analysis of it back in January. Here's the link if you're interested:

    Killer Klowns from Outer Space, reviewed by Joe Blevins and Craig J. Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was courtesy of the Music Box Massacre, which by definition is an interesting cross-section of films. I only stayed from 6pm to 6am, the front end because I was tied up doing a staged reading earlier in the day, the back end because I was too tired to sit through PSYCHO again in order to get to FRIGHT NIGHT. THEATRE OF BLOOD and PET SEMATARY were a total gas. Oddly enough, I'm not a huge fan of KILLER KLOWNS, though I'll be interested to read your write-up - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, of course. The Music Box Massacre. Sadly I was out of town for a wedding this past weekend, otherwise I would have tried to make it up there for that. It would have been great to see Theatre of Blood with an audience. It's one of my favorite Vincent Price films.

    ReplyDelete