Thursday, September 28, 2017

SCARE-A-THON 2017 - FINAL GIRLS FIGHT BACK!!!



Hello, friends and fellow fiends! It’s that time of year again, when shadows grow deeper, sweet tooths grow longer, and helpless pumpkins quake in fear....

It’s time for SCARE-A-THON 2017.


As faithful readers know, for the past several years I have dedicated my October viewing energies to various organizations deserving of some TLC (Terror Lovin’ Care). Thanks to generous, like-minded souls, we have raised thousands of dollars for over two dozen different groups. This year, I have selected the American Women's Self Defense Association, dedicated to "creating a safer society in which all women learn practical and effective self-defense skills" and IMPACT Chicago, which "teaches self-defense to women and girls so they can prevent, minimize, and stop violence."

Because everyone deserves to feel safe and empowered. Now more than ever.


"Okay, Frankie, today we're going to have a conversation about a little thing called CONSENT..."

In the past, my goal has been to watch as many movies as possible in the spirit of a walk-a-thon or read-a-thon. However, due to work and onstage obligations (The Man-Beast with First Folio Theatre), my October viewing time is going to be limited. Therefore, I am again to shoot for a humble 31 films, one for each day of the scariest month of the year.

With that goal in mind, I am asking for your assistance on a per-movie pledge basis. (For example, a 25-cent pledge would result in an approximate $8.00 total donation.) Of course, you are welcome to make a lower – or higher – per-movie pledge, or make a straightforward donation of whatever amount you deem viable. (Trust me, I realize that this year has been a doozy already.) Every little bit helps. Every... little... bit.


At the end of the month, I’ll tally the totals (all individual donations are kept confidential), and together, we can help empower our sisters, daughters, mothers, and loved ones, creating a new subgenre where ALL women are badass Final Girls.



That’s it! If you are interested in participating, please email me at drach101@gmail.com and let me know your desired pledge amount. (All donations are tax-deductible.) As in years past, I will be documenting my progress over on the HORROR 101 with Dr. AC blog, so please stop by and see how we’re doing! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your time! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Halloween season!

Caring through scaring,

AC





No comments:

Post a Comment